Saturday, June 03, 2006

Just when you think you’re out, they pull you back in!

Well I was going to show a singular lack of interest in the CFL this year, my little protest at the shabby handling of the football fans of Ottawa. The way the league let that situation fester and then just carved up the carcass, leaving the football fans of the capital to twist in the wind was a particular bit of small mindedness that at times comes to define the league.

However, like an old friend that sometimes does something stupid, the CFL still has a bit of pull on me. They infuriate me sometimes with their selfish ways, never seeming to look any further long term that the end of the day, but in the end they are all we have in the summer time, so hey I’ll keep an eye on them.

Like that friend, I won’t be afraid to say they’re out of line, I’ll occasionally take a break when they do something really dumb (Hello Gleibermen follies), but they have a good heart so we’ll cut them some slack and lend a hand when times get particualry dire.

My postings may not be as frequent, nor in depth as in the past, but if something strikes me as interesting I’ll comment. I’ll also try to keep the opening kick off and final snap features as up to date as possible.

Two weeks until the regular season, down a team but certainly still making news (hello Ricky Williams!) it’s our little bit of Canadiana ready for another five months of thrills and occasionally bizarre situations.

Tee it up, it’s almost game time!

No comments: