Thursday, July 02, 2009

The final Snap -- July 2009

We review the quotables from the CFL for the month of July and archive our findings below.


July 31 "At this point in my career, I want to have fun--regardless of the outcome, I just want to have fun. I want to be a kid again"
July 30 "With the field being so wide, I'm not noticing there's 12 people on the field"
July 29 "It was an easy trade for Hamilton, they got a heck of a deal"
July 28 "He’ll make any offence better"
July 27-- "I still know a lot of guys on the team, so if I get an opportunity to get out there and play I'll just go out there and win for Winnipeg"
July 26-- "But the thing we didn't do that we've done in the past was we didn't panic"
July 25-- "It’s very upsetting, but that’s life. It should be upsetting for everybody"
July 24-- "Hopefully we put this thing to rest one way or the other"
July 23-- "I wanted to be an Eskimo. I love the city of Edmonton and wanted to play here"
July 22-- "We’re still evolving at our quarterback position and still haven’t had a proven performance yet"
July 21-- "I always tell them I don't regret for one minute ever going to Canada."
July 20-- "But he has enough physical stature to play safety like we want him to"
July 19-- "It's whatever it takes to win. We'll make decision on our starter by day one [of practice.] "
July 18-- "I told everybody at the beginning that I was never a vengeful person"
July 17-- "This is no different than week one. I’m ready to go if they need me for 70 plays or overtime"
July 16-- "I’d say I’ve been developing patience in the game of football ever since Pop Warner,"
July 15-- "Right now, we're having a little trouble as a whole on defence,"
July 14-- "Now, all of a sudden, I'm a fashion critic here, too? Do I have to put on a boa or anything"
July 13-- "Personally, it doesn't matter to me if I get zero interceptions if we win a Grey Cup "
July 12-- "We need to get better in a short amount of time"
July 11-- "I never thought in a million years we'd lose to Hamilton"
July 10-- "I'm good with anything Arland wants to do when he scores touchdowns, as long as its legal and within the rules of the CFL "
July 9-- "It’s a catch I have to make. I hold myself accountable for that,"
July 8-- "There are many, many, many players that have less than $1,000"
July 7-- "As soon as I get home, I'm in bed "
July 6-- "It's awesome. This is a dream come true."
July 5-- "None of this has been my determination, let's put it that way. It's been out of my hands for awhile"
July 4-- "When I think about where we are (as a league), I’m really thinking about not just this year but for the next 30 to 40 years"
July 3-- "It was just one of those nights -- it was ugly"
July 2-- "You saw a lot of Canadians rallying to our league and we're just continuing that momentum"
July 1-- "We’ve got to keep on hitting him and staying in his face"

No comments: