Sunday, August 02, 2009

The Final Snap -- August 2009

We look for the one quote of the day from the CFL that defines an interesting event or personality.

August 31-- "We have so much talent on this receiving corps, you just don't know who it's going to be"
August 30-- "As much as it means to the fans, it comes back our way, too"
August 29-- "I know they put a lot of onus on me"
August 28-- "That’s all part and parcel of being a good football team"
August 27-- "We're not gelling as quickly as we all want to, but we're going to stay the course"
August 26-- "That’s the time when you have to stand up and make plays"
August 25-- "they just didn't really do that did they?"
August 24-- "If we could get good clean charters out of here with good hours, we would be willing to bite the bullet on the cost"
August 23-- "This is not like hockey where you can bag-skate them.”
August 22-- "That was embarrassing on every level"
August 21-- "It's a delicate decision and we need to be correct in our decision-making"
August 20-- "It’s still in me, but it has been toned down. My wife’s not excited about that energy"
August 19-- "I haven't given up my whole plate yet but a couple of peas and carrots and I still have the main entree"
August 18-- "Even though we lost, I can still see a growth"
August 17-- "If you don't like it, it's time for you to go into hibernation"
August 16-- "We haven’t done anything to show him we deserve the time off.”
August 15-- "It's a game we had and we just gave it away."
August 14-- "I finally have an opportunity to play and show people what I can do"
August 13-- "If they had pinned us back it would have been a lot harder . . . so he really he set that win up for us"
August 12-- "But in any sport, you’ve got to respect a man’s space. That’s as far as this goes"
August 11-- "We're emphasizing not letting the receivers get yards after the catch"
August 10-- "Grice-Mullen can be a great returner before he can ever be a great receiver"
August 9-- "They teach you to play through the whistle, but while I'm hustling I'm thinking, 'this isn't going to count'"
August 8-- ""
August 7-- "He told me about the respect they had for me as a team"
August 6-- "When I retire, I promise you I’ll subscribe to both papers, how about that?”
August 5-- "I don't want players to think of me as somebody who can't take a hit or can't take physical defence"
August 4-- "Damn. I had fun there. I always had it in the back of my mind that I had a job if that league was still around"
August 3-- "This got his attention and he's responded so well to it"
August 2-- "But that's a matter of me going back this week and doing extra conditioning"
August 1-- "You have plays like that at different times of your season that change your season and obviously that was a huge play"

No comments: