Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Final snaps of September 2008

The quotable quotes for September.

September 30-- "The police have also assured us if anyone is caught throwing objects there will be charges - and serious ones, too."
September 29-- "I figure if we win our remaining home games, we're in the playoffs"
September 28-- "You can't sugar-coat it, we have to play better across line, all of us included"
September 25-- "I think he's one of the main reasons why we are playing so much better as a football team"
September 24-- "I disagreed with it. And I just think with the death of Ron Lancaster, we should name it Lancaster Stadium"
September 23-- "It's frustrating, but at the same time, he's the coach."
September 22-- "B.C. wasn't innocent, but nothing justifies that behaviour, especially on a night when we were honouring a great"
September 21-- "Even (teammate) Jason (Clermont) said to me he's embarrassed to say he lives here and he's born, raised, (played) university here, high school, everything"
September 20-- "I've known the name Lancaster ever since I've heard about the Riders just because of how great he is and what he meant to the province"
September 19-- "Somebody would have to send me a plane ticket to Hawaii instead of Regina"
September 18-- "I can think of no other athlete in the history of professional sports anywhere who affected as many people in as many wonderful ways as Ron Lancaster did in as many capacities"
September 17-- "Most likely the whitewater stuff's out but I'm sure I can paddle around a little bit and catch a couple of waves "
September 16-- "Pro sports, you don't know what's going to happen"
September 15-- "But the thing is, it's a performance-dedicated job"
September 14-- "That was a real dogfight, scratch, fight, kick, the way it's supposed to be"
September 13-- "It was like sandlot out there, and it gave us some momentum going into the second half," "
September 12-- "I was blessed to get a second chance"
September 11-- "Zeke was the face of this defence"
September 10-- "It's like spring is here"
September 9-- "The reason I'm here is, for whatever reason, the players aren't playing up to their potential"
September 8-- "Charlie was very professional about it, he knows the business. What he did here was not for lack of effort"
September 7-- "We have a great leadership on this team and that is a determining factor"
September 6-- "It could have sparked something in us"
September 5-- "Edmonton and Calgary, any time those two teams play it's going to be a big game no matter what"
September 4-- "I have no doubt in my mind that I can come back and play again, because I've done it before"
September 3-- "My take on the situation (in B.C.), I have no clue, no clue whatsoever"
September 2-- "I feel like the weight of the world has come off my shoulders."
September 1-- "And I'm not being facetious when I say if I drop dead tomorrow, our team's going to come out and play!"

No comments: